If you might (at some stage) want to sell your books through online retailers you will need an ISBN number – the 13 digit number that appears on the back of published books. The current cost is £89 plus barcode production costs.
If you publish a book for wider distribution (other than friends and family) we will need to give a copy of every UK publication to the British Library. Five other major UK libraries may also ask you to give them a copy. This system is called legal deposit and it’s been a part of English law since 1662.
The content of your publication must told in good faith, without malice and must to the best of your knowledge be a true and accurate representation of events. Mandy Bloom takes no responsibility for any legal issues arising from your narrative such as libel.
Is due after each meeting has taken place and any instalments are delivered to you, (in printed or electronic format) and prior to the next meeting.
Unless otherwise agreed, payments are due on a Pay-Per-Visit basis. Additional charges may be made for a) Book Cover Design; b) Changes made to the Final Draft; c) End Production to ensure the overall book design is finalised and print-ready. Please ask me to confirm these costs if you are unsure whether they apply.
Although we hope this won’t happen, you are free to put your story on hold at any time if you don’t wish to continue. You will be required to pay the agreed fee for any interviews that have already taken place.
to avoid confusion, I am only able to take instructions and amendments regarding the content of your book from one member of any family or organisation; you will be asked to nominate this person prior to commencing your project.
Printing costs are not included in the Pay-Per-Visit fee, but I will endeavour to find the most cost-effective solution for your needs. When we have finished your story, I will provide quotes for printing your book in both paperback and hardback format, according to the number of copies you require and the number of pages within. You will be required to agree and pay for printing costs in advance of going to print.
You are responsible for checking and approving the Final Draft before it goes to print, and making any changes required.
I am grateful if you will allow me to order and retain one additional copy of your book for my portfolio.
This privacy statement is for the website www.mandybloom.co.uk served by Mandy Bloom, Manor House, Queen Street, Keinton Mandeville, TA11 6EG and sets out how Mandy Bloom Memoirs controls, handles, uses and protects any information that you provide when you use this website. If you do not agree to the following policy you may wish to cease viewing / using this website.
Mandy Bloom Memoirs is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified – specifically when using this website – then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Mandy Bloom Memoirs may change this policy from time to time by updating this page, please check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address and postal address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- personal information for inclusion in your Memoir with your consent will be collected through personal interviews
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to include in your memoir with your consent; signed consent is requested before any memoir is printed. Note: Memoirs are strictly for clients to distribute themselves, unless we are otherwise instructed in writing.
- internal record keeping
- we may use the information to improve our products and services
- we may occasionally send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided
- occasionally, we may also use your information to contact you by email or letter for market research purposes.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows:
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
We ensure the security of any personal information we collect online by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other relevant websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We do not use personal information to send you promotional information about third parties
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email [email protected]
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.